This delicious raw pumpkin salad is sure to meet all your healthy eating New Years resolutions — it’s crunchy, smooth, tart and so fresh!
I love the taste of raw sugar-pie pumpkin, but if you prefer a different type of squash, feel free to substitute and experiment!
Raw Sugar-pie Pumpkin Salad with Pomegranate and Citrus Avocado Mash
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup raw spiralized or shaved sugar-pie pumpkin
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (optional)
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sugar-pie pumpkin seeds
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
In a small bowl, mash the avocado, lemon juice, syrup, garlic and red onion until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
When plating the salad, start with a bed of arugula and spiralized pumpkin. Add the desired amount of avocado mash and top with pomegranate and toasted pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!