Tuna poke bowls seem to be popping up everywhere (at least they are in my city), but if you can get your hands on sushi grade tuna, they’re actually really easy to prepare at home.
I get my sustainably sourced tuna delivered right to my door through SPUD Delivers — it comes diced and pre-marinated in vacuum sealed packages, making this process even more convenient!
Spicy Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl with Avocado and Forbidden Black Rice
- 1 package sustainably sourced marinated ahi tuna cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions or chives
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame or chia seeds
- 1 cup cooked forbidden black rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh kale
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame sauce
In a small bowl, gently stir together the tuna cubes, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until ready to use. In a medium sized bowl, start with a bed of cooked forbidden black rice, top with onions, kale, sliced avocado and tuna. Drizzle with sesame sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy immediately!
Keep in mind, the ahi tuna cubes that I get at SPUD are already marinated, so if you’re looking to avoid the spice, simply add the tuna to your poke bowl as is!