I love Thai mango salad and I’ve been experimenting recently with different ways to make it more substantial — for times when I want to hit repeat for dinner! Since I usually have rice noodles and tofu on hand, they seemed like a natural addition and this recipe has since become a weekly staple of mine.
Feel free to try whichever tofu or soy product you prefer, but I managed to find a spicy marinated smoked tofu and it’s absolute perfection in this recipe!
Thai Mango Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (or more)
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a resealable container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Thai Mango Salad with Rice Noodles and Smoked Tofu
- 1 firm mango
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped smoked tofu
- 1/4 cup cooked rice noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh pea shoots
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai mango salad dressing
Thinly slice the desired amount of mango and red pepper using a mandoline and set aside until ready to use. In a small pan, saute the smoked tofu in a splash of oil until nicely browned, remove from heat and spoon onto a paper towel to drain any excess oil. In a large bowl, toss the mango, red pepper, tofu and pea shoots in the salad dressing until evenly coated. Add the rice noodles and top with the onions, cilantro and mint. Garnish with sesame seeds and drizzle with extra dressing if desired.